Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A New Year

Its time to leave 2008 behind. I was in Korea at the beginning of 2008 reflecting on the accomplishment of finishing college previously in 2007 and looking ahead at what 2008 would bring. For the first time in my life I had many wonderful things. I had a job and was making a steady flow of money that I could use to support my future. I was fortunate to have found the perfect soul mate that as 2008 progressed I knew I had the best match made in heaven. I went home in 2008 to see what had happened while I was gone and unfortunately I didn't find much. I went back to school and thought a lot about building a future around teaching. I will finish eventually with a teaching certificate that I will consider finishing online while I am in Korea. Its very important for me because I want to work my way to a collegiate level teaching job. I came back to Korea less than a couple weeks ago in order to reflect again however I am leaving behind Nostalgia or at least trying.


When I was in Missoula I felt like I had left too soon. I felt like apart of me was needed or at least wanted back in Missoula. My best friend and I drove around one day and we talked about the past and how fun things used to be. Now its faded into a dimming memory at best. I don't want to live in the past in Missoula anymore. I do hope someday to take Christina there and show her the wonderful things of my youth.



Now I am here in 2009 which is only 8 hours away at the current moment. Sometimes I get too excited when thinking about the future. I hope not too much though. I am loving to write again and unfortunately right now thats all there is to do. Busan is quiet for me and according to my boss I should just appreciate the downtime which may end here starting next Monday.

I do want to take on more though this year. I am very purpose driven and want to succeed in my Ultimate Quests no matter what. I don't want to accept Failure as an option. When it comes to work I am looking forward to the challenges that will be presented. I want to take on more work except for Saturday right now just because I want to have the weekends free so I can travel.

Goals of 2009
*Work hard, save a lot of money
* Wear nicer clothes more presentable at work etc.
*meet Christina's family and love them much
* Plan for a wedding
*find a new house
*return to school-America, japan, korea, ??
*show Christina America too


I have a lot of ideas so as 2008 ends I say Thank you for giving me the best present in the world and may 2009 be promising

No comments:

Post a Comment