Saturday, February 21, 2009

Spiraling Turns

Its now Sunday and this month is nearly drawing to a close. I have one more work week which unfortunately includes Saturday. I got off easy apparently because I only teach 3 classes on Saturday which is ACWOT. a complete waste of time. I got 75won a pop for each class but the kids are 100% worthless. In my first class they are two shy that they whisper answers to me and can't talk to their partners in English or in Korean and then in my next class they are bored with the activity and won't open their mind to any social discourse whatsoever. They treated me like a babysitter and it was disgusting. In my final class-they don't have textbooks and just listen to a tape recording which is worthless to me. I don't do anything but listen to a tape conversation. I left YBM angry yesterday especially after they asked me about rescheduling my class i cancelled due to sickness. I teach one student and i can't do anything about it. They can't speak English at all downstairs and they are really pissing me off. To hell with them. I am moving forward in my own way.


I work so hard. I showed up early for classes, I have worked through illness and had to cancel one time because of puking. I got a 100 dollar bonus for my efforts in January and will get paid more next month. Pay day is in 12 days and I can't wait. YBM has some strange politics downstairs. They act like they are better than the teachers and there is no conversation that happens. I am sick to death of it actually. They act quite weirdly to me. If I get a problem with my pay I will raise Cane with them because they are worthless to me. I need laundry machines, hot water, and a list of small things but my needs are not as important as a student. I am tired of the blessed student philosophy.

I teach only 1 or two students in 3 classes. There needs to be 4 or more but they waste the space in the classrooms. I am going to give my students a survey for next months times and class schedule. YBM needs a swift kick in the ass and I am hoping to deliver it to them.


I had a dream that I was becoming head teacher here and I really am hoping to aim high. If I do I will teach administration how to communicate more properly. Its nuts.

I am sitting in my house all day today on Sunday. Its raining and there isn't anything special to do. I hated this weekend unfortunately, it was a long one and nothing special happened. I want to finish this work week asap.


I hope you enjoyed the story as I will try to write even more in the days to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment