Thursday, March 5, 2009

Following the money

Its been unfortunately too long since I was last able to write. I haven't had the best of luck lately in getting things accomplished with how or what I would like. I am hoping to become more efficient as a teacher and also have more time to start my book that I would really like to make soon.

Updates....

I was on a tight budget the last two weeks due to some poor planning earlier in the month on my part. It was no big deal since I had planned on my budget to last until today anyways. I wasn't expecting some problems though


I got a new job_ Dae Yang company in Simpyeong hired me as a business/communications ESL Teacher. I get paid 350 per month and will be checking this carefully in April. There will be limited OT pay since they hired a new teacher. I am not sure he is so good cause he doesnt talk to anyone at work and so far I am the only one who has really connected with him...one time

I am hoping to become HEAD teacher and work even more or harder but right now I am having to be patient. I made a choice to take an early shift which I will do every month so that means I will make an extra 3k per year I think.

Work is hectic right now. I am starting to become the top foreigner because of my attitude and also my timing. Many students enjoy me so much.


I have many students who are hanging out with me. I have lawyers, teachers, company men, and many big friends right now. I am hanging out with elderly men (grandfathers) they are so kind and I try to talk to them as much as possible because they are really wanting my company. I am really happy to have developed so many close relationships and as a teacher most of my students like me. Thats why I got a bonus in today's pay!


I am getting inspected next week by a man I hate... a Corporate nobody who is like a drone. He is so weird and he will sit in my class and watch me. It gives me a headache to think about this because the last time I saw him I wanted to punch him.

Work is going by so fast though. its now my third session and I am looking for more ways to expand myself. Unfortunately I am fighting on my own right now. i have so many side projects going on that I am not able to follow well right now. Life goes on and is proving to be very interesting

Book idea: The Busan Streets?

I will keep thinking for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment