Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Price We pay

This month is going by so fast and I really hope it goes faster because I am anxious for April to begin. I want new classes. I don't particularly like the night sessions I am pulling with level one entry students.

Life at YBM is more and more interesting as I venture forth. I am playing the Bureaucracy game where I feel like a successful teacher in the morning and leave feeling crummy at night. I go to Dae Yang every morning, have a free cup of coffee, teach or talk for one hour, get a van ride to the subway station and proceed to YBM dressed up quite professionally. I have my leisurely breakfast and then teach my two afternoon courses.
I have a Russian student in one of my classes. She is not very interesting though. She seems too aggressive so I wish she wasn't in my class. Next week I have a observation session with a man I loathe. I am not looking forward to it but I will not allow it to affect my lunch session. I am getting a free lunch daily from these two gentlemen who are similar to my grandfathers. I enjoy their company and am happy they treat me so well.

After lunch I am trying to work on my own albeit unsuccessful so far but I will keep trying. I was supposed to get a laundry machine today but failed to do that.

with the economy in a slump, enrollment down, teachers hustling and bustling around I wonder what price are we paying. What is the essence of our education, our life and servitude. Its these questions that I am bound and determined to find an answer for. I am purposeful in my quest here and not allowing anything to get me down.


I want Geoffreys old seat, I want to build a happy house circled around a newly wed couple destined for greater things. I am sure that my actions are going to pay dividends soon I won't be deterred.


The price we pay may be steep but the consequence will outlive and over shine the foundations we lay.
I am planning on working even harder. I am learning to live like see-saw Up and Down and through the topsy turvy affect I am shrouded by a cloud of hope that there are miracles if we truly know how to open our hearts and breathe freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment