Saturday, April 25, 2009

All for you

I can't wait until May~ I want more classes or at least different ones. I have a lot of things going on with work, personal things, and the works.


Work is unfortunately slow. I am working my company job where I have between 4 and 8 students. Its a free discussion class which requires little to no effort. The students always come late if at all and its more like a coffee break that earns me a little extra money minus the subway fare.
YBM is not good right now. This month I taught 5 classes there. 5*20 is 100 hours so I am working below the Salary pay of 120 hours. They include my Sinpyeong job in the contract so it works out for me. I only teach 6 students though just to put the economic downturn into concrete numbers. 6 classes, 6 YBM students and I just hope that there are more classes available for me in May. I want to teach more. If I can teach one extra class I can rack in about 400-500 more dollars per month. I wouldn't mind working the afternoon since I can't sleep but there is no availability here.
I ended my private session. He cancelled his last class and terminated his contract I am not sure if I will teach him anymore in May or June. Frankly I am glad to be done with that. It was a nuisance and a huge inconvenience which he caused. His problems interfered with my personal scheduling and I was sick of trying to cater to him.

I teach high school classes on the weekend. They are awful. one class doesn't talk at all to me and so I end up just sitting there waiting to go home. I hate it. Why can't kids learn how to function in the educational world. All this does is makes the teachers feel awful and does little to help further my career. I am really wanting to make my educational future brighter but make dumb morons learn English isn't my cup of tea. If all my classes were like this I would quit in a heartbeat. Thankfully its only 1 out of 4 on Saturday and 1 out of 30 not including Sinpyeong.


I want to work more I want try harder and get more out of my experience here.

I feel disappointed with work right now because I am not getting much out of it for as much as I am putting into it. I like my head teacher a lot but his attitude about work and Korea sucks. Everyone thinks I am taking my job way to seriously and personally I think the rest of the people aren't caring enough.

i am endeavoring for more- If I work harder I get more money, If I work harder I can help the students more and have better relationships that can lead to more opportunities and finally I can feel satisfied that I am doing something instead of just sitting like a blob english speaking recording system.


i seem to be in this battle all alone. I want to get back too Gumi as much as possible because everything I left back there is filled with Love. Talk about Ironies. i hated that place for as long as I lived there because I had nothing but bambi's in the classroom and problems up the wazoo but now it holds my heart and Bo Mul.

No comments:

Post a Comment