Friday, April 17, 2009

Corporate Vice

I went to Songdo beach today with one of my best friends. It was a nice day off and I can't imagine the next one. I had a night of debauchery with my foreign workers and it unfortunately was just like a mock teachers meeting. I had some difficulties understanding the rationale of thought that transpired in this hoopla.


I am having some Corporate misgivings right now at work. I am trying hard and determined. I am loving my job i think teaching adults is wonderful. I am happy to talk and discuss ideas with my students. I am anti-corporate in my heart because I believe in helping people and not spoon feeding them a Cacophony of English baloney just to cater to the whims of a demi-god entity called YBM I have drawn a line where I stand with the Corporation but other than that its fine to work here.


I feel pressure from Work on all sides especially coming from Seoul and the other Busan main sector. Is it just me or is YBM trying to kill me right now. I was accused of private teaching by simply going to a lunch or a hike with a former student of mine. I think this is bullshit. I want to hang out with certain people I have met because they are my friends. Why is it illegal to enjoy time with my students as just people. I teach people who are of the same age or older than me so people need to act more human instead of making stupid rules.

I have lunch with my student and its a crime because he or she pays for me and then the next time I pay? Get real. This is what people do.


I do my work that I am paid to do and I am seeking more opportunities because Man is a social animal as well as bound to opportunity. I will not stay at YBM and mope like my co-worker. I will not become a head teacher like my new boss who follows Corporate law but has his own way of playing the Corporate world game and who doesn't really show respect for Korean Culture.

Korean Culture has its weak points and these things need to be changed when it comes to the focusing and learning of English. I am open minded and willing to learn new things. I expect people to have this attitude. I don't follow the stupid rules that stipulate how I can make friends. My private life will not be controlled by a Corporation anymore than it already has to be.


What do you think of this? I am not complaining I am stating a fact which says that I am truly being watched and my activities are trying to be curbed by Foreigners and Koreans alike. YOT MOGO JU SAY YO. Its craziness and I will not fold my cards to anyone especially a Corporate Giant.


I am not going to say anymore on this. YBM is good bad and ugly but I will live a happy life and pursue happiness to the utmost of my abilities.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, having a school as a Corporation would blow. You are just hanging out w/ them, and it's not like they are kids. Teaching isn't normally something that is bought and sold. I am taking a group of high school students to see this flower display next weekend and nobody would ever question me about that. I guess you just gotta deal while you're in that kind of teaching situation. good luck.

    ReplyDelete