Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Simplicity of Stupidity

I am going to try to be a mad blogger for awhile. When I say mad I am not referring to the "mad" crazy inference that is so often misconstrued in Korea but rather I am going to try to write much more than before.


Work is killing me unfortunately. I work from sun up to sun down. I have my mid afternoon break from 1-5 where I try to rest comfortably in my home and not think to much about my situation.

Here is a little glimpse of my life monday through friday. I walk past the Busan hotel which is a tourist area for mostly Japanese people and its where my friend works every other day. Unfortunately I am considering him to be rather dumb lately. I say this because its typical of most people I know these days. I enjoy talking to him but he is so judgmental of appearance and orderliness.


I am younger than he is and I am working hard at becoming a teacher and develop my skill so I can make it professionally. I am saving money and making some lifestyle choices that are necessary for my future planning. For example, I am not shaving as much as I normally would under different pretenses. This in America is just trying a new fashion but apparently its sub human in Korea. Maybe because men here can't grow much I don't know why they complain all the time. Teachers are held in high regard but it doesn't mean much because I am not shown as much respect as I would like sometimes. I am told to shave by him every time I see him because I am not a civilian I am a teacher. He is so stupid that I would probably buy him a coffee since I just got paid but instead of saying hello he complains about my look. He is a man who is working as a parking attendant. He can speak English very well but he won't try to become a better person he is lazy in my opinion and frankly I don't want anything to do with him.

Why are people so damn stupid?
Another example, students who bitch and moan to the office about me because they can't understand my English. They can't speak English and will not try... its a lame excuse to whine about something you won't try to overcome. I give ample opportunity for questions and chances to talk and when they refuse because their culture prefers not to speak up I am labelled as a poor teacher. I hate these people. These students who can't see past their nose

Complaining is my biggest pet peeve. If you don't like something change it the right way. Quitting my class, going to the office early in the week or ignoring the issue isn't solving the problem.

I know I know Its the old Culture shock or simply the differences between my American perspective and a Korean mental block but its not. Why all my Korean friends can understand normal human behavior but these students and other people like my old friend can't grasp them at all. This has nothing to do with English or America.


I have witnessed so many piss poor attitudes its amazing. Your attitude tells me everything I need to know about you. Truly. If you try harder and believe you can succeed you will do so. If you are always negative about others you will continue to go down the tremble trodden path alone and useless.


i have spaghetti to cook and a movie to watch. Then I have 4 hours of classes including one where I will ask a Crazy man to leave. Seriously he isn't normal and I am npt referring to anything I said above but the true definition of mentally handicapped. He shouldn't be in the discussion class and I will ask him to leave ASAP.


On other notes I think I should become an English Driving Instructor that's another story.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. You spent that whole blog complaining, then said that you hated complainers. You are your own pet peeve. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to assume that there is a difference

    Complaining about things that are none of your business or things that can't change like "I hate my job...or you need to shave" are very stupid and a waste of energy. People should mind their own P and Qs or change themselves. For example if you hate your job quit it.

    I report happenings and most of the time they are an oddity to me.

    ReplyDelete