Monday, April 27, 2009

Last week of April

Monday

Back to work as usual. I am having some computer problems so unfortunately I am not able to write as much as I would like during the day.

Today I began my new book idea I think it will continue to be a good one. I have set a new goal that I will write a page per day and if I skip I must write a page the next day just to make up for it. I am aspiring myself to be a writer in the near future. Maybe today the creative juices are flowing because I am just pouring out my words onto the computer screen. I have 3 more teaching days until the end of the session. I will be so happy because this session has been a heart ache for me. I have 1 student in the morning, and a crazy man who disrupted my class so many times that now I am down to 2 students in that class. It will be good for me to have a new change of venue starting on May 6th. I will spend the first 5 days of my vacation either in Busan or in Gumi resting and reflecting. Yesterday I pouted most of the day I had a lot of energy that I had saved up during the week but unfortunately wasted my time sitting around home with a computer that doesn’t always work well. Why can’t the company accommodate me better? Is it just me or is this senseless complaining? In my opinion, many foreigners living in Korea have free room and board and had help setting up utilities but for whatever reason it was all thrust on my shoulders. I only mention this because when I was working at the University I made sure that I accommodated my international students well. That’s why I miss America and more so my university life.

Today I finished my class and changed into a nice suit for lunch and a photo op tonight. It’s a small thing but YBM wants this picture its more important than a copy machine or printer that actually works. Another complaint, if Andy the bastard from Seoul comes he is more interested in how I am as a teacher regardless of the working conditions or my successes from the past, like getting a bonus from having a high enrollment from just my first month or my efforts in Sinpyeong another city which is just a working sector but a bonus opportunity. People are blind sometimes and my ambition makes people lose their sight in me as well unfortunately. They can’t understand hard work all the time. Doesn’t hard work pay dividends for later and if so why can’t administrative people understand this?


I had to walk today again…its no problem since as always I am the first one in the classroom. My ride went to Japan until tomorrow so I had to walk for 40 minutes from the subway to my work place. It was good exercise first thing in the morning but I will be happy to get back on routine this week and even more in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment