Saturday, January 10, 2009

Homestay

It was very cold today so unfortunately it wasn't a day to go sightseeing or anything else for that matter. Its nearly half over this month and I will just be happy to see its finish just because of pay day and also I think korean new year will be better than the new year as it is right now. I have a lot of exciting things ahead^^
It makes me happy just thinking about them because on a day like this there really isn't much else for me to do. I bought some face work things because I am trying to improve my outer image and maybe get ready to try to get a head teaching job. My boss is going to leave soon so therefore there is a vacancy in the teaching schedule and I am hoping that the change will be a good one. he will leave in a month. Its too bad because he's pretty funny and nice guy. He is from New Zealand.


I will have a busy week unfortunately. I have 7 classes on Monday (8 teaching hours) 6 classes on Tuesday (6 hours) 7 classes on Wednesday(8 hours) 6 classes on Thursday (6 hours) and 6 hours on Friday Thank God! =34 hours of teaching. The good news is that I should have Overtime pay at the end of the month so I hope that I have a lot of hours over 120
I think I will have maybe 10 hours of Overtime this month!


Today I just cleaned my house rested a little, bought a movie John Q and washed my clothes.

I have never hand washed before so this was interesting experience. If My company is going to buy laundry machines my house will get a little smaller. I like coziness but I am really hoping to move on my own accord to a better house soon.


So here is my mailing address for anyone who reads this and wants it
YBM ELS Language Centers, Busan
YBM Si-sa B/D 35-1 Gwangbok dong 1GA
jung-gu, 600-031 Busan korea

So a couple other information that has happened to me earlier in the week. I met an old man who talked to me and wants to learn English. I agreed to sit down with him for 20 minutes and listen to him talk. he told me about his time in America and a little about himself. His english wasn't very good but it was understandable. He is really old and feels Lonely cause he lives alone. I always feel sorry for people that feel that because I care about people and I really want to understand how elderly think. I really want to make a difference in peoples lives especially the people I Love.
Secondly, there was a new korean teacher who is teaching my high school kids and she wanted to change the routine that my boss gave me. I thought it was ok but I told my boss just in case and he flipped his lid on the new teacher so I felt responsible for having her yelled at. I felt really awful that day.

But it got better since I talked about dating and had fun with my 3 night classes.


Today I needed the break to catch up on my sleep but I do wish I could have worked today since I didn't do much. Im excited for a fun day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment