Thursday, January 22, 2009

Teaching Desires

So today I had 6 classes and a lot of downtime to think things or mull them over as they say. I am unfortunately pretty tired since I didn't sleep at all last night. I am functioning on about 0 hours of sleep. Its amazing I made it to work at all today. The split shift does have its limitations after all.

I am thinking a lot about what I want to get out of my teaching experience here in Korea as well as what I would like to do with my blog entries and just overall future Career Building.

YBM is an interesting place and has presented a lot of opportunities that havent been seen before at least by my eyes in Korea. I really would like to make some advancements in my career in the near future in any way I can do this.

Geoffrey is leaving at the end of this month and the HEAD teaching position is available but my experience may deem me unqualified. I am tempted to write or track down Greg and see if I can become the head teacher at YBM but I will research this in the coming month.


My classes are fair. I have 2 level 3 (intermediate level) classes their english is fair but they are shy. I enjoy them though because they are nice and can be interesting. Its really nice to have conversation with students finally. I never had one in Gumi and all I am doing is hoping that I can bring my gf into my world of happiness because I truly am happy and want to share it with her.

I have level 2 classes. They are both interesting. The first one is better. They like me a lot and will take me out to dinner next week! The other class tends to talk way to much in Korean but they love my stories and enjoy my teaching. I am hoping that my attitude will get me a bonus or something because I really care about this right now. For the first time in my life I have bonus incentives, overtime potential and a list of many other things possible in my life.


I really like my Hot topic classes. I listen to an elderly man speak about issues and can relate to the students who are my age and like me as well. one of them is a teacher. She and I are both getting married soon!


My high school classes are insane. One is too quiet but really sweet respectful students and the other is full of little shits. Today one of the girls who I liked apologized for being rude to me last week. She is the youngest and smartest I think but she needs to control her feelings. I was so pissed last Tuesday. I will only do high school if it means I will make some OT pay.



Busan continues to treat me well. Its hard to believe I have passed my first month in Korea. I want to make good future in anyway I can so I am going to work harder and push myself to a new extreme. I want to do everything possible so I can just make the best choice of my life work. nothing else really matters to me as much as this does.

No comments:

Post a Comment